Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Night of the Full Moon


To live without love is not really live;
To love without share is not really love!


What is the best poetry to a serene nocturne ? 


Night of the Full Moon 

(From the West-Eastern Divan)
What so softly moves your lips?
To yourself you’re murmuring,
Sweeter than the wine in sips!
Would you think to those twin sisters
To summon up another twin?
          ‘I would kiss! Would kiss! I say.’

Look! In the uncertain eve
Every branch is glowing, flowering,
Star is shining down on star:
And a thousand gems are glowing
Emerald throughout the leaves:
Yet your spirit travels far.
          ‘I would kiss! Would kiss! I say.’

Your beloved, feels likewise
The bittersweet, far distant now,
Filled with a sad happiness.
You both swore a sacred vow,
To greet each other at the rise
Of the full moon, which it is.
          ‘I would kiss! Would kiss! I say.’

----Johan Wolgang von Goethe




No comments:

Post a Comment